Star Trek Into Darkness to be an 'explosive action thriller'

An official synopsis for 'Star Trek Into Darkness' has been released, describing the film as an ''explosive action thriller'' while remaining quiet about Benedict Cumberbatch's villain role.

Nov 27 2012, 4:02am CST | by

Star Trek Into Darkness to be an 'explosive action thriller'

'Star Trek Into Darkness' is set to be an ''explosive action thriller''.
The creators behind the upcoming sci-fi sequel have released a new official synopsis giving an insight into what fans can expect from director J.J. Abrams' greatly-anticipated feature.
The synopsis reads: ''In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes 'Star Trek Into Darkness'.
''When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
''With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.''
While it has been unveiled what is in stow for Captain Kirk, played by Chris Pine, nothing has been said about Benedict Cumberbatch's villain character after Abrams revealed earlier this month that the 'Sherlock' actor will star in the film.
He told Yahoo!: ''It is obviously a little too early to be talking specifically about the movie, but we're editing the film now.
''It has been a blast working with the same cast, and some new amazing actors, including Benedict Cumberbatch, who is this British actor who is mind-blowingly great, and we are putting the movie together now.''
'Star Trek Into Darkness', which also stars original cast Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana, will open in the UK on 17 May 2013.

 
 
 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/8" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Academy Awards: Fresh Prince Actress responds to Jada Pinkett Oscars Boycott
Academy Awards: Fresh Prince Actress responds to Jada Pinkett Oscars Boycott
Jada Pinkett was put down by the former actress of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Janet Hubert as she insulted Will Smith for his past and present actions
 
 
Chris Rock Calls Oscars the White BET Awards
Chris Rock Calls Oscars the White BET Awards
The Oscars are again criticized to only hand out awards to white Hollywood. Chris Rock boils it down on Twitter for everybody to understand.
 
 
Ride Along 2 Kills Star Wars at the Weekend Box Office
Ride Along 2 Kills Star Wars at the Weekend Box Office
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens run at the Box Office is over.
 
 
Oscars 2016 Nominations List Revealed
Oscars 2016 Nominations List Revealed
The Oscars 2016 Nominations are in.