Jun 24 2013, 10:30am CDT | by Luigi Lugmayr
The actor - who plays Colonel Stars and Stripes in the superhero sequel - controversially claimed he couldn't support the film's release due its graphic violence following the Sandy Hook school shootings last year, however, the film's producer has hit back at Carrey suggesting that he was well aware he had signed up for a boundary-pushing movie.
Writing on his Millarworld website, he said: ''As you may know, Jim is a passionate advocate of gun-control and I respect both his politics and his opinion, but I'm baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn't in the screenplay eighteen months ago.
''Yes, the body-count is very high, but a movie called 'Kick-Ass 2' really has to do what it says on the tin. A sequel to the picture that gave us Hit-Girl was always going to have some blood on the floor and this should have been no shock to a guy who enjoyed the first movie so much.''
However, Carrey - who filmed his scenes for the action film last year - has now denounced the film following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, last December, in which 20 children and six adults were killed.
He wrote on Twitter yesterday (23.06.13): ''I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence.
''My apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart. (sic)''
'Kick-Ass 2', directed by Jeff Wadlow, is due for release in August.
Source: Bang Movies
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at email@example.com. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.
blog comments powered by Disqus