Jun 24 2013, 10:30am CDT | by Luigi Lugmayr
Paramount is developing a 'World War Z' sequel.
The movie studio is reportedly set to produce a sequel to the zombie thriller starring Brad Pitt after it took over $118.8 million at the worldwide box office during its opening week, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Paramount vice chairman Rob Moore confirmed the studio will ''actively turn to developing a sequel.''
Moore also praised the film's star and producer with promoting the movie extensively.
He said: ''The great thing about this process was that it showed what a great partner and producer Brad is. He made a true commitment.''
Pitt - who plays main character Gerry Lane - is also confident the first movie can lead to a franchise because there is much more to explore in the cinematic zombie world.
He previously said: ''It's set up for many sequels because the book is so dense with information and historical references, and it's an international story.
''There are so many things we could do with this - if it works. But we need this one to work - which we think it does.''
The actor helped market the film by surprising fans at screenings around the world and has jetted across the globe to attend various premieres for the movie.
Source: Bang Movies
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.
blog comments powered by Disqus