Jan 30 2013, 6:14am CST | by Luigi Lugmayr
The 34-year-old actor - who played Peter Parker's best friend-turned-enemy Harry Osbourn in Sam Raimi's original 'Spider-Man' trilogy - was left unimpressed by Mark Webb's reboot of the superhero story and claims the only point of the copy-cat film was to cash in at the box-office.
He told MTV: ''They could've strayed a little bit more from the original. It's like... why. Guess they made a lot of money. OK, congrats. But good for them. Sam and I moved on, we made 'Oz'.''
Sam - whose new film 'Oz: The Great and Powerful' is out in March - planned on producing two more sequels after completing 'Spider Man 3' in 2007.
The filmmaker said at the time: ''While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job.''
James might be unimpressed with the Andrew Garfield-fronted film, but his former co-star Kirsten Dunst previously revealed she is thrilled 'The 'Descendants' star Shailene Woodley is taking on the role of Mary-Jane Watson in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' sequel.
She commented: ''I really like her too, a lot... I think she's a sweetheart and such a good actress. I'm happy. If I had to pick someone, I'm happy she's following in my shoes.''
Source: Bang Movies
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.
blog comments powered by Disqus