Jan 28 2013, 6:13am CST | by Luigi Lugmayr
The 'Star Trek' filmmaker was confirmed to direct the new Disney instalment of the sci-fi adventure last week (25.01.13), but is allegedly likely to require the planned release date to be pushed back because of his busy schedule, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
As well as several TV pilots for next autumn, the prolific producer and filmmaker is tied up with 'Star Trek: Into Darkness's May release and is committed to producing the next chapters of the 'Mission Impossible' and 'Star Trek' franchises for Paramount.
J.J. - who is known for taking his time with projects - recently said of his enviable new role: ''It really is an incredible thing. It's obviously way too early to talk specifics, but I'm excited to actually start it.''
He described taking over the franchise from creator George Lucas as ''wildly surreal'' and is looking forward to working with writer Michael Arndt to develop the script.
Disney and Lucasfilm's new boss Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement: ''It's very exciting to have J.J. aboard leading the charge as we set off to make a new 'Star Wars' movie. J.J. is the perfect director to helm this. Beyond having such great instincts as a filmmaker, he has an intuitive understanding of this franchise.
''He understands the essence of the 'Star Wars' experience, and will bring that talent to create an unforgettable motion picture.''
Source: Bang Movies
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.
blog comments powered by Disqus