Arnold Schwarzenegger: I'll be back for Terminator 5

Jan 23 2013, 2:17am CST | by

Arnold Schwarzenegger: I'll be back for Terminator 5

Arnold Schwarzenegger has confirmed he will appear in 'Terminator 5'.

The 65-year-old actor - who stars in the first three instalments of the action film franchise - has revealed during promotion for his latest movie 'The Last Stand' that he will star in the forthcoming film, Bleeding Cool reports.

Arnold has also revealed the movie's script will be finished this year and said he is pleased with the direction the motion picture is taking after the film's bosses hired some ''really quality writers'' in the shape of Laeta Kalogridis - a friend of 'Terminator' creator James Cameron - and Patrick Lussier.

In a video webchat with The Sun newspaper, Arnold said: ''They're writing right now 'Terminator 5'. There have been some writers on it for the last year-and-a-half and they could not pull it off.

''We have told them over and over that they are going in the wrong direction, now they've finally got rid of those writers and they've got new really quality writers.

''Now they're going in the right direction. I think this year the script will be finished and we will be able to go into pre-production.''

While Arnold is keen to see how 'Terminator 5' will turn out, he regrets turning down a ''great'' role in 1996 movie 'The Rock' after seeing Nicolas Cage do ''an extraordinary job'' in the action film.

He added: ''Jerry Bruckheimer came to me with the script for 'The Rock' that Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage ended up doing. I was offered the Nicolas Cage part, but it was 80 pages, there were scribbles and hand-written stuff saying, 'This is s**t', let's not do this page, let's rewrite this'.

''I looked at this script and said, 'What is that? I can't commit to that. Why don't you get your act together and come back with a good script?' In the meantime they did get their act together and they hired Nicolas Cage. I really loved that movie, I thought it turned out fantastic.

''By the way, Nicolas Cage did an extraordinary job. I don't know if I'd be able to do as good a job as he did, but I was mad that I turned down that role because it was really a great role.''

Source: Bang Movies

 
 
 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/8" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Netflix and Leonardo DiCaprio strike a Docu-Deal
Netflix and Leonardo DiCaprio Strike a Docu-Deal
Streaming giant, Netflix, and acclaimed actor, Leonardo DiCaprio, have partnered together to feature upcoming documentary and docu-series projects about the environment.
 
 
Will Smith&#039;s Focus Spanks Fifty Shades of Grey at the Box Office
Will Smith's Focus Spanks Fifty Shades of Grey at the Box Office
The run of Fifty Shades of Grey is over. The new action movie Focus starring Will Smith and Margot Robbie is the new #1 at the domestic box office.
 
 
Frozen Fever Trailer Released
Frozen Fever Trailer Released
Disney Studio executives came up with an interesting cross promotion for the launch of the new live-action Cinderella movie. A 7-minute Frozen short film will be shown before the Cinderella movie in theaters on March 13...
 
 
Star Trek&#039;s Renaissance Man Leonard Nimoy, dead at 83
Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek's Renaissance Man, Dead at 83
Leonard Nimoy passed away on February 27, 2015, at the age of 83 as the world mourns the loss of a beloved entertainer.