Jan 18 2013, 10:08am CST | by Luigi Lugmayr
The 'Twilight' pair may have split up in real life, but their on-screen
romance saw them generate $1.17 billion at the box office over the last three years, to top the Forbes poll.
The number crunching organisation points out that Robert and Kristen have an advantage over other couples as they have starred in three movies together in that time, but other stars did well.
Robert also makes a second showing on the list, for his appearance in 'Water for Elephants' with Reese Witherspoon, which is at ninth on the list.
Forbes compiled its list by taking the top-grossing romantic movies as classified by Box Office Mojo over the past three years and added up each couple's total U.S.box office.
Forbes Highest-Grossing Romantic Couples 2010-2013 (US Box Office figures):
1) Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson - $1.17 billion
2) Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum -$125 million
3) Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler - $103 million
4) Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth - $95 million
6) Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum - $80 million
7) Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher - $71 million
8) Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth - $63 million
9) Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling - $60 million
10) Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson - $59 million
Source: Bang Movies
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.
blog comments powered by Disqus